Kappa Delta Legacy Introduction Form
Thank you for your interest in submitting a Legacy Introduction Form. Please note that electronic recommendations are preferred. However, you may access a hard copy form here and mail it directly to the chapter using the address on this list. Please note that once you begin filling out this form, you may not stop and return to it later.
KAPPA DELTA LEGACY POLICY
- The responsibility and privilege of choosing members belongs to the collegiate chapter with the guidance of the chapter advisory board and collegiate membership specialist, a national volunteer trained in legacy issues.
- A KD legacy is the sister, daughter, or granddaughter of an initiated member in good standing. A member in good standing is a member who has not resigned or is not on National Probation. Half- and step-relations are considered legacies if their KD family member in good standing considers them as such.
- Kappa Delta chapters give special consideration to each legacy and do not scrutinize legacies more intently than other potential new members (PNMs).
- A legacy should be a qualified PNM in regard to scholarship, activities, accomplishments, honors and group compatibility.
- Being a KD legacy does not guarantee membership. Some chapters may have more legacies than new member openings.
- If a legacy is to be released, it is done in a timely manner to allow her to consider and be considered by other sororities.
- There is a specific procedure for releasing a legacy that involves permission from the collegiate membership specialist.
- If a legacy accepts an invitation to a KD preference event, she will be placed at the top of the chapter’s bid list.
- The alumna submitting this form will receive an acknowledgement of her submission. Since membership selection is confidential, no other communication will be forthcoming regarding the status of a legacy.
- Each legacy is encouraged to also have a KD recommendation written by someone who knows her personally.
- You must be a KD to submit a Legacy Introduction Form.
- Any alumna member in good standing may submit a Legacy Introduction Form for a PNM.
- A collegiate member in good standing may submit a Legacy Introduction Form for a relative going through recruitment.
- Having a Legacy Introduction Form does not guarantee the PNM an invitation or membership.
- Once you sign into the portal, please ensure your contact information is up-to-date before completing a Recommendation or Legacy Introduction Form.
KAPPA DELTA AND NPC GUIDELINES:
- Alumnae and collegiate members must NOT contact members of the collegiate chapter to inquire about a PNM.
- Members should not expect to receive any information about the status of a specific potential new member nor expect to receive new-member list information.
- Members are also prohibited from sending food or gifts in any form to the chapter on behalf of a PNM.
- Breaking Panhellenic rules may cause the chapter to be penalized
WHEN TO SEND:
- Send Legacy Introduction Forms as soon as possible.
- Forms are due the first day of the month in which the chapter’s recruitment begins. Those received after that date may not be considered due to time constraints.
- Some chapters prefer to receive Legacy Introduction Forms earlier due to volume, but are expected to consider forms received up until the first of the month in which they recruit. Please visit the chapter website for more information.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Legacy introduction Form, if applicable (View the form here to know what information you will need.)
- Each legacy is encouraged to also have a Recommendation written by a Kappa Delta member who knows her personally.
WHERE TO SEND:
- Once you complete an electronic form in the Member Portal, the chapter has immediate access to it.
- If you choose to send a hard copy form, please send it to the address on this list.
HOW TO START A LEGACY INTRODUCTION FORM:
- Please note that once you begin filling out a Legacy Introduction Form, you may not stop and return to it later. You must continue until it is completed.
- To start a new Legacy Introduction Form, click on the "+" sign on the right-hand side of the page. You can enlarge the window that pops up by clicking the square in the upper right-hand corner.
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR FORM WAS SUBMITTED:
- After you click “Save and Close” on the form, you will see the name of the PNM populate in the chart below the instructions. If your Legacy Introduction Form is on this list, it has been submitted and the chapter has immediate access to it. You can click the pencil to view the submission.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting the form(s) to the email on file. If you submit more than one Legacy Introduction Form within an hour period, you will receive only a single email confirmation in response.
- If you have trouble accessing or completing a form, try using Google Chrome as your internet browser.
- Try clearing your internet browsing history and cookies/cache.
- Try using a laptop or desktop if you plan on attaching items to a recommendation as iPads and tablets have difficulties with attachments.
- Reduce the file size of attachments. Attachments should be no larger than 1MB each.
- Make sure your attachment is a jpg or PDF.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting forms, please check your Member Portal account to ensure we have your correct email address.