Optional Legacy Introduction Form
Thank you for your interest in submitting an Optional Legacy Introduction Form. Please note that electronic forms are preferred, however, you may access a hard copy form here and mail it directly to the chapter using the address on this list. Once you begin filling out this form, you may not stop and return to it later.
Kappa Delta's Legacy Practice
- The responsibility of choosing members belongs to the collegiate chapter.
- A KD legacy is the daughter, granddaughter or sister of an initiated member in good standing. A member in good standing is a member who has not resigned or is not on national probation or, if deceased, did not resign or was not national probation at the time of her death. Half and step relations are considered legacies.
- A legacy should be a qualified Potential New Member (PNM) with respect to scholarship, activities, accomplishments and honors. Being a KD legacy does not guarantee an invitation of membership. Some chapters may have more legacies going through recruitment than new member openings.
- A legacy may be released at any time during the recruitment process.
- During primary recruitment, if a legacy accepts an invitation to a KD preference event, she will be placed at the top of the chapter’s bid list.
- The individual submitting this form will receive an electronic acknowledgment when submitted online, or from the chapter via email or USPS if no email is given. Since membership selection is confidential, no other communication will be forthcoming.
- A legacy may also have an optional KD recommendation written by someone who knows her personally. A recommendation form may be completed electronically by visiting our website here. Please note that electronic forms are preferred.
Which recruitment form should I use? How do I send the form?
You can view the full list of recruitment forms and how to submit them here.
What information will the form ask for, and what attachments an I add?
- Click here to preview the information requested in the recommendation form.
- Click here to preview the information requested in the legacy introduction form.
- Photo of potential new member, if available
- Resume, if available
- Transcript, if available
When are optional recruitment forms due?
To server their purpose, forms should be submitted to chapters as soon as possible prior to the start of recruitment.
Please remember Kappa Delta and NPC Guidelines:
- Please do not contact members of the collegiate chapter to inquire about a PNM.
- Do not expect to receive any information about the status of a specific potential new member or to receive new-member list information.
- Chapters and Members are also prohibited from receiving food or gifts from or on behalf of a PNM.
- Panhellenic rules protect everyone and breaking the rules may cause the chapter to be penalized.
How do I fill out an electronic optional recommendation form?
- Please note that once you begin completing an online Optional Legacy Introduction Form, you may not stop and return to it later.You must continue until it is fully completed.
- To start a new optional recommendation form, click on the "+" sign on the right-hand side of the page. You can enlarge the pop-up window by clicking the square in the upper right-hand corner.
How to confirm my electronic form was submitted?
- After you click “Save and Close” on the form, you will see the name of the PNM populate in the chart below the instructions. If your recommendation is on this list, it has been submitted and the chapter has immediate access to it. You can click the pencil to view the submission.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting the form(s) to the email on file. If you submit more than one recommendation within an hour period, you will receive only a single email confirmation in response.
- The Member Portal is designed to run best on Google Chrome and Firefox. If you have trouble accessing or completing a form, try using one of these options as your internet browser.
- Clear your internet browsing history and cookies/cache.
- Use a laptop or desktop if you plan on attaching items to a recommendation as iPads and tablets have difficulties with attachments.
- Reduce the file size of attachments. Attachments should be no larger than 1MB each.
- Make sure your attachment is a jpg or PDF.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting a form, please check your Member Portal account to ensure we have your correct email address.
Still can't find where to start your form?
- To start a new optional recommendation form, click on the "+" sign on the right-hand side of the page. You can enlarge the pop-up window by clicking the square in the upper right-hand corner. If you do not see the “+” please make sure you are logged in.